Thread: been bored?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2003, 07:59 PM   #45
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I get into whacked-out discussions with my brother. And my teachers. And my friends. And my Health teacher (who thinks LOTR is a waste of time; I've yet to convert her. She refuses to read the books and has only ROTK [the cartoon version] to base her opinions on!). My more recent debates are on what would happen in a duel between Yoda and Sauron (with my brother) and the genetics of Elven hair color (with my Bio teacher).

I also write a ton of poetry. (Some of it's actually pretty good.) A lot of times I'll take the form of Tolkien's poems and create my own stuff to fit it, but I've been known to write odes and other such works about LOTR and The Hobbit. I parodize Disney (and other songs, but mostly Disney) songs.

Some days I'll be sitting on the couch reading and my brother will walk into the room and we'll just start quoting the books. One day I was with a friend and I was kind of ticked at someone so I told the latter to go away. When she left, I went "We told her to go away... and away she went! *****'s free!" (* = my name, which you don't get to learn) I got a LOT of weird looks from people that day, let me tell you! I re-enact scenes with friends.

A lot of times in the summer (when our Mom isn't home!), my brother and I ransack the house for broom sticks, yardsticks, and other weapon-like paraphanalia and we "sword-fight" in the yard. When I first got into LOTR, I decided that I needed a wooden staff, so I had my dad cut me an oak sapling (about 1 inch in diameter) to staff length (I ended up shortening it, so I can use it as a staff or held like a broad sword) and I carved it. Sort of. It's perfectly smooth, since it's sanded down but it's partly carved. I also have another one that I use in 'competitions' between myself and a friend. Let me tell you, they hurt when you get hit with one. *MUST PAY ATTENTION* It hurts getting whacked in the side of the head or tripped with a staff!

As for other stuff, I've got a shed that I've set up with a desk, shelves, the works, and when I get together with some friends, we ransack my mother's gardens and the cooking cupboard and we concoct 'potions' that cure pretty much everything. Or not. I wouldn't know- I've vowed to never eat drink, or really touch, anything that comes out of that shed.

My alter ego goes roaming about in the fields and creeks (and woods) behind my house. She is the daughter of a Ranger and and Elf!

What can I say? I'm strange!
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote