View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #43
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
There are six types of Troll written by Tolkien: See HERE. Only the Stone trolls encountered by Bilbo and the Dwarves were mentioned to be turned to stone with the sun's light.

I would imagine that if cleverly knocked down, a nice sharp stave/spear could be rammed in between the scales of the troll's hide (An armpit would be good - puncture the lung, and if shoved far enough and at a downward angle, the heart would be pierced). Or one right through the ear hole into the brain would do it. And of course there are always the eyes . . .

~*~ Pio, the bloodthirsty

I wish to nominate this post which probably had a limited audience since it was in response to a query of mine on troll killing on the "Fall of the North" Discussion thread. Partly it was a prompt, helpful and succinct response and partly it revealed an unsuspected dimension to Pio (unsuspected by me at least)

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote