View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Saeryn, bored quickly with staying out of the action, had slipped back into the hall. Eodwine shared his meal with his daughter and the young man whose horse Saeryn had cared for. She liked the young man, though knowing him little, based solely on his horse's temperment. The beast was gentle and patient, social, and sweet-tempered. She hoped Eodwine would keep him around... new faces were always welcome, so long as they were not her brother's spies.

She sat as unobtrusively as she could, taking advantage of the shadows left unhindered by the early morning light. While she did not wish to interrupt private business, she was unable to keep herself occupied alone for long. Her thoughts had returned to her place the moment she had finished caring for Gárwine's mount.

Until she had run from home, she had known her place. With Bethberry, she had felt secure even though she was uncertain of her future. Now that Eodwine had assured her that she was not to concern herself with payment or attempts to leave for foolish reasons, she wondered constantly what constituted a foolish reason and how she would earn her keep. It was unfair of her to stay, she thought. There was nothing she was good at. I talk to people, she thought. I make them smile. A lot of good that will do my lord. Unhappily, she watched the shadows play across the floor.

Now the door slid open and Eodwine looked up, noting a girl standing there. He looked to Saeryn who was surprised, though should not have been, that he had known her there. She nodded imperceptibly and rose, walking to the girl.

"My name is Saeryn. The master of the hall is in the middle of something, however he will be with you in a moment. While you wait, may I be of assistance?"

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 01-25-2006 at 04:54 PM.