View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 07:14 PM   #76
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Merry Christmas one and all! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I hope that everyone had as wonderful time as I did.

Well, Father Christmas (or, I should say, my wife [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) certainly noticed my rediscovered Tolkien obsession this year.

My most prized Tolkien-related Christmas present is The Letters of JRR Tolkien, from my wife, which I have wanted for a very long time. My wife also gave me:
  • A Helm's Deep Battle action set, with Aragorn, Legolas and Beserker Orc figures (yes, I'm just a big kid at heart [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ).
  • Attack at Weathertop action set, with Nazgul, Frodo and Sam figures (yes, a really big kid [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ).
  • The Hobbit game for Playstation 2 (getting the idea just how big a kid I am?) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
  • The Soddit - a parody of The Hobbit (haven't read it yet, but it should be fun if it's anything like as good as Bored of the Rings).
  • Characters from Tolkien by David Day (I know Day doesn't have a great name here on the Downs, but the illustrations are good).
  • A RotK Calender (to replace my TTT one).

Oh, and a mini-fridge to keep my beers cold and close at hand while I'm on the computer (ie the Downs [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ).

From other family members, I got a Frodo wine goblet and a pack of LotR (film) playing cards.

And amongst the presents that I gave my wife were the RotK soundtrack and a LotR diary (with illustrations by Ted Nasmith).

All in all, a very Tolkien Christmas. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:18 PM December 27, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]