Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 11:49 PM   #116
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Pipe

Galadel frowned at the elf as hshe sat down at a table. He was struggling to put a wall around his mind, so that she could not tell who he was. But Galadel never gave up on things easily, and she was skilled at looking into people's minds and discovering who they really were.

"Yes, I think that I might like to try this new drink that you speak of. Did you say that it was called coffee?" Galadel said suddenly.

Dadrantor looked over, startled, at Galadel, and smiled, "Yes, it is called coffee. I was told that, though, it is strong, it tastes very good."

Galadel nodded and looked over at Miriah, who seemed to be very uncomfortable. Galadle smiled and said to her, "So, Miriah, are you from around these parts."

Though she did not look at him, Galadel said into Dadrantar's mind, "I wish to know, as well, who you are, elf, and where you have come from. But I will leave that till later, when the girl is not around. And, then, you will drop the barriers that you have put up to stop me from seeing who you really are. For all such things are useless against me. I will find out who you are; nothing can stop me. For now, be hospitable and order a drink and meal for this poor girl, will you?"

Dadrantar stared, looking quite pale and startled, at Galadel for a little while. Then he ordered meals and drinks for his companions, while Galadal and Miriah talked together.

[ December 15, 2002: Message edited by: Galadel Vinorel ]
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll