Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 11:39 AM   #115
Estel the Descender
Haunting Spirit

Estel the Descender has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Estel the Descender
Sting

Mariah nodded with a look of shame, but nodded all the same.
'Since you insist Master Descender, I'll oblige.' she replied.

Dadrantor smiled at Mariah and gave a slight bow. Just then, a bright yellow light filled the room and cheered everyone. Dadrantor then saw Bethberry the Innkeeper and she was talking to Aman. Later, Betberry called out to all in the White Horse,

'Come now, we can't turn The Horse into a rooming house. It is a thundering narrows where river water runs, full of turbulence and ideas and wildly spraying mist which refreshes us all, but the water must flow on or we turn Edoras into a flooded, boggy plain of peat and marsh.'

Oh well, I need to find myself a sword as soon as possible, thought Dadrantor, then I need to find a quest. I wonder if Galadel has one in mind? Would Mariah accompany us: I am reluctant to leave her.

Dadrantor then noticed that the two elves suddenly left the dwarf who happened to be sitting nearby. Calling out, he said,

'Ho, sir Dwarf! Why don't you join our table; we have room for fo--'

'I am a maid, elf!' replied Parin angriliy.

'What, I mean, duh-OH!' stammered the elf, 'I mean. . .'

Dadrantor stood up and bowed at Parin and said, 'Profound apologies, I did not mean to offend you. I still extend mine invitation, if you do not mind.'

'Hrumph,' snorts Parin, 'Alright, I suppose I will forgive the slight...'

Bethberry continued despite the interruption, 'I wonder. Perhaps those who have become too fond of aimless socializing might rediscover some purpose if I sent them to muck out the stalls in the stable.'

'But you can't think on empty bellies. Let me see what our cook has in store for us.'

Descender turned to his companions, 'I have heard of a new brew called "coffee" and have been informed that there is some here. Care to try some with me as we eat and talk? I would very much like to know about each of you!'

[ December 16, 2002: Message edited by: Estel the Descender ]