Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 08:55 AM   #114
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Barrow-Wight brushed the frost from his hair and went back into the White Horse. The time spent in the cold had cleared his mind and allowed him to collect his thoughts. It was time he left Edoras. Bethberry was back and in firm control of the inn again, and it was clear that the clientele were disturbed by his ghastly presence. Perhaps it was also time to find a new body.

He stood in the doorway of the main room until he located Bethberry at her desk. As unobtrusively as possible, he moved to her side and waited until he had her attention. After writing one more line on the paper before her, she turned to him and asked if she could be of assistance.

“Miss Bethberry,” he said, “I know that you are not a secretary, but I wonder if you might dictate a notice for me and post it on your advertisement board.”

“Of course, dear Wight,” she answered. “I would be glad to. Are you starting a new adventure?”

“Indeed I am. Here is my advertisement. It is very short.”

Adventurers Needed

Rohan has a new story to tell, and we need you to tell it. Please go to My Crow Management for details.

The Barrow-Wight

“Thank you, dear lady. I’ll be on my way now.”

With that, the Barrow-Wight unceremoniously walked out the front door of the White Horse.

[ December 12, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]