Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 04:25 PM   #113
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

"I have heard of him," Estelarion broke in finally, after his long silence.

"I do not recall if we have had the pleasure of his company," Menelduliniel said.

"We do not wish to keep you from your duties," Estelarion said, smiling brightly, "So will will allow you to move on, as you have expressed a desire to do so."

Menelduliniel made no move to leave the Dwarf, so Estelarion took her by the arm and gently pulled her away.

"Namarie," Estelarion said in Elvish as he left.

Once they were away, Menelduliniel turned to Estelarion.

"Why did we leave? I wanted to speak with her!"

"She has business, Menelduliniel. Do not interfere in her quest."

"How do you know we would not have helped?"

"How would it look if two Elves were introduced to the Dwarves? Just because you are all right with travelling with Dwarves, I promise you that the Dwarves will not be the same. They have been in civilization for the past years and have been present at the rise of the prejudice that has grown."

"I suppose you are right," Menelduliniel sighed.

"I know I am," Estelarion smiled at her.

Menelduliniel sighed again and went to the bar, ordering an ale.

"Why," she asked, "Do people have to hate each other so?"

Estelarion looked at her. If he did not say something comforting, she was obviously going to cry right then.

"I do not know, Menelduliniel. Maybe to allow us to appreciate love more."

He sat down next to her and put his hand on her shoulder. She smiled and put that hand over his, still looking down into the ale.