Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #2347
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Your 'Tolkien family' one was one of my favourites, and so was 'Brown Lands.' And the zigzag one.

I did remember my Mithrandir clue, because it was in one of my earliest passwords and I remember constructing the clue, but I think I'm maybe proudest of 'Cramsome bread' because I found one instance, and one only I think, where a 'bloomer' in Tolkien could be a loaf of bread and not a flower. (Also a bit embarrassed that 'dear' is an adjective and 'expensively' an adverb, so clue not 100% accurate!)

I have all my past cryptic clues and passwords saved in a document together, though, with new ones I write as I need them or the obsession takes me again (!) - I look through it now and again to make sure I'm not exactly repeating a clue if I'm using the same answer again.

But that still doesn't bring me any closer to answering your MITHRANDIR properly ... and I only guessed 'deer' because I'd run out of other Gandalf aliases.

Please tell me! 'Mithran' is a Hindu name meaning sun ... a player can mean a cad or bounder as well as a gamester ... but I can't get either to fit.

Oh, and I edited my post several times. It took a while to guess them all.

P.S. It isn't that 'Mithran' sounds a bit like 'Marathon,' is it?
Well, ok, to be perfectly honest my grammar doesn't work properly either. Originally the clue said "password player", but I thought it would be too easy. It's Mith+run+deer - hence the present tense of jogs, but then I realized the proper equivalent would be runs, not run. So we're quits.

3. Eorl?

1 seems easy, but I don't seem to have the right Shakespearean term. The first thing that came to mind was strumpet, but tepmurtz doesn't ring a bell. The only specific harlot I can recall from my not-too-extensive knowledge is Bianca, but she doesn't run back well either.