View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #12
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde Bracegirdle
Hmm..wow. Just looked up Cauty and saw that he made that poster at age 17, which was just a touch older than I was when I had it. Did see it for sale online as well, and have half a mind to get it to replace the photo I have of it now. It's more a sentimental thing with me. (Also saw that he was a co-founder of The Orb, which I hadn't realized.)

Too bad about the tankard. With any luck one will show up for sale in 10 or 20 years!

As for Lee's book signing, yes I'd probably kick myself over that, if I were to miss one close by.
davem has a print of the poster which is on a piece of wood for some reason but it's a nice thing. It must have been created in about 1973 - height of Rings fandom. Allegedly he also made another one based on the Hobbit - which I shall have to track down. The poster was of course sold by Athena, poster sellers to kids everywhere at that time!

Cauty is a legend - not only did he co-create A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From the Centre of the Ultraworld but he's a co-founder of the KLF and the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, also a Timelord, and a member of Zodiac Mindwarp's band. When the K Foundation set fire to one million quid, it was Cauty's idea.