View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #3
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Or, during the time used to shoot Faramir bringing Frodo to Osgiliath, he could have used the time to show the lure of the Ring briefly and efficiently, without too much added dialogue.

In fact, PJ sort of touched on this when Faramir first saw the Ring...except it should have been bigger in a more subtle way. If that makes any sense. Basically the music would have been the driving force...tense, powerful, dark, etc. Then maybe there could have been a "flash-back-esque" scene showing Faramir bearing the Ring and leading Gondor to victory, afterward showing him falling to darkness...

After this scene, it would cut back to Frodo and Sam and Faramir letting them go. To my mind, something like this would have been much better than what PJ decided to do.

But even so, Faramir's change doesn't bother me nearly as much as it did before. Some things have to be changed, and I for one do not have movie making experiences...all I can say is what would have been cool to happen, not what would have been best.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote