View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #333
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ok, about Lily:

- she spends most of her first post griping about the lack of conversation and "material" to base suspicions on. Yes, I understand the point, but why not say something to get things rolling, instead of excusing her lack of reasons for suspicion?

- askes if the ring bearer's role is revealed if xe is lynched. Not necessarily suspicious, this could be useful info for either side. (Was that question ever answered?)

- Some friendly chit-chat with Berry, then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
To be honest I have no idea - never played with a guy like that before, whatever the role is called (cursed something?) - but it would sound ideal if no one discovered the identity of our ringbearer. After all, if we find and lynch him/her, we'll be down one innocent regardless of the fact that the particular innocent could have been converted to some nasssty creature. We should probably not use our energy on hunting the ringbearer but instead on hunting the wraiths.
Now, I normally try to avoid suspecting people based on differences of opinion, and I recognize that my own isn't the only possible innocentish opinion on Mr. Frodo... but this looks like a point-by-point list of exactly what the wraiths would want us to think. First, that if Frodo reveals, he should be lynched immediately (so they at least avoid the situation where we have a known innocent), but, better yet, that no one should have any clue who he is or try to find him at all. Maybe she just didn't think it through completely, but it struck me as very creepy.

- the title of one of her posts yesterDay (her vote for Gollum, in fact): "A Shot in the Dark ". Ok, not really reason to suspect her (would wights be that obvious?), but it caught my eye without really registering it then and added to the creepy impression.

-"Good night and Night."

- Overall cheery, breezy, friendly tone.

- Her points on Nog toDay. I don't necessarily trust him, but it looks like she's going after him for basically being himself (with the random votes thing).

- The "carrots" remark really did have a hint-ish look to me.

- Not part of my initial feeling of creepiness, but her reaction to suspicion doesn't look too innocent. It's too... sarcastic, insinuating, I don't know how to say it.

- Another new point: Nog was alraedy her main suspect (or so it looked) before I mentioned Dury's occupation, but she makes that one of her two reasons for voting him. She hadn't commented on it before, and it had been out there for a while.

So yeah, there it is. That and a hunch. Not much of a case, I guess, and I may retract to Mac,or somebody else, if I feel like it later, but there you go.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote