View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #14
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Asta left the Common Room for the yard, a worried frown on her face. Brinn had begun the meal by announcing loudly that everything looked delicious and that she hoped she would not stuff herself, but had soon fallen into an abstracted daze and had barely touched what was on her plate, despite Rollan's coaxing. Asta sighed. That Rollan! He did his best, but he was only a man, and had no idea how much looking after her sister really required.

She heard a familiar step hurrying to join her.

"Asta! I zought– zat is, I vondered if– if you're not too busy–"

She turned. "Oh, thank you, Coldan, but I know my lines pretty well already–" seeing his crestfallen look, she added, "mind you, Aldarion does keep tinkering with the script; perhaps we should go over Mary the Elf's part once or twice before the rehearsal, to make sure there's no nasty surprises."

"Actually, I zought, I zought perhaps..." Coldan took a deep breath, and his cheeks flushed a dusky red, "...zat is... er... zat's exactly vat I vas about to suggest."

They quickly ran through Mary the Elf's lines, the prompter sitting on the back step of the wagon, and Asta pacing up and down in front of him. Acting was not really Asta's strong point, but what talent she had was quite equal to this minor rôle, and indeed she particularly enjoyed enacting the Elf-maid's tragic, self-sacrificial death. Poor Mary, always taken for granted by the rest of the Fellowship...

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-14-2011 at 09:13 AM.