View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #36
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry, there's little time here for me to write, as there is a family issue that's taking up great time.

If the troupe is from Dale and the dragon is central (and rightly so, I like this), it sounds more to me like The Hobbit than LotR, so I'm not sure there would be much room for an Eowyn figure after all. Unless the dragon picks up Sam and Frodo from the volcano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro88
BB, yes, you know you want to be a shield-maiden.
I am uncovered! erm, uncloaked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
The only way I see this being more/different levels of amusing is if you go in the direction of a male-only or male-mostly cast, and the role reminiscent of EOWYN is played by a boy. A boy who doesn't even get the story right. And is a BOY. Playing the part of Eowyn. (With a royal audience.) (Point driven home? I'm sick again. AGAIN, I say! My brain isn't on top of subtlety. Just saying, you say shield maiden, I think bwahahaha gender bending swaparoo of epic!)
Fea my love, I've never written a gender-bender voice and wouldn't want to try it here for the first time. If you like this idea, feel free to take the shieldmaiden character as you'd be a blast with it.