View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #4076
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
My times will be gauged from the real world and not the Barrow-Downs; but note that I am a relaxed moderator, and votes posted a couple of minutes after the deadline will count.
That might be an interesting new trial: a game of WW with no actual deadline... So how do you make the difference? Two minutes late, vote okay; three minutes late, okay as well; four minutes, okay; five minutes... ten minutes, twenty minutes? Or maybe there will be the risk-taking mode involved here: leave your vote as late as possible (any minute after the deadline) but be prepared that just when you think you will vote the mod comes in and your vote is a no-vote?

That might be interesting indeed but for the sanity of all I'd say a certain clear deadline would be good. I mean innocents (having a strong feeling of one of the lynchees to be really more innocentish than the others), gifteds (possibly knowing someone is innocent or a wolf) and wolves (knowing who they wish to lynch) have their agenda of trying to help out with a certain outcome at the last minute. Therefore - even if some people will try to fake it - what people do at the last minutes is one of the most important things one can make deductions about the next Day.

If there is no clear deadline it will make the villagers the underdogs from the start as the insecurity of the deadline will add one more thing to baffle the villagers (was that one voting 8 minutes late really just late or was it intentional? - was s/he really trying to vote in earnest but just sadly was overrun with the mod's sudden and unforeseen deadline?).

It has been proved a working thing to use the BD-time indeed as the stamp of one's post clearly indicates the minute the post was made and no one can argue it otherwise ("I posted it in time according to my computer's clock!"). And everyone can pay heed to the exact BD time by checking it from the bottom of her/his page after refreshing the page.

But as I said, if you wish to make this the maddest game ever (which might be an idea worth trying one day indeed) then just say the deadline will be when it will be - and no one will know when - but otherwise you should actually state the exact time (and for that purpose the BD-time is the clearest as that's something we all share and can verify).

Last edited by Nogrod; 10-03-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote