View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 08:01 AM   #34
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quietly humming to herself, Mia placed glass after glass after glass.... and suddenly she had a brilliant idea. Her face spread into one of her extra-wide grins as she carefully opened the window of the hall, looking outside into the square.

"Fianna!" she called. The girl looked up from her game and skipped to the window. "Fianna, do your friends like to sing?" When the girl nodded eagerly, Mia beckoned her nearer and wispered plans into her ear. While she spoke, the younger sister´s face got wider and brighter with exitement. Mialynnn watched her run off again, and pleased noted the children gathering around her. "Brilliant!" she smiled. Now, back to those glasses...

While the pile of glasses got smaller and smaller, Mia´s eyes strained outside, ans sometimes he thought she could hear the light jingle of children´s voices in song.

"I´m sorry, could you maybe help me?" Mia turned around to see a young woman, with a young girl of perhaps Briga´s age tightly grasping her mother´s hand. She looked unfamiliar, though Mia was sure she had seen the girl´s eyes somewhere already, though she couldn´t place them.

"Yes?" she asked, studying the woman. She was quite beautiful, and had something around her that made Mia immeadiatly like her. She flashed a wide grin and extended her hand. "I´m Mia, I´m a serving maid here."

"I´m Frodides, and this is my daughter Mærcwen. I was just hired as a serving maid, as well. The Misstres Bêthberry just asked me to help you with these glasses, and that we should afterwards set up some of the breads..." her voice trailed away, while she nervously smiled at Mia, who grinned brightly.

"Another maid, you say? Brilliant. Shall we, then? Tankards here, pitchers there, glasses in the cor-" she was interrupted by a squeel from the vat in the corner. Dierna, obviously hungry, started tittering and protesting. Mia sighed, took her up and cradled her a bit. "Hush, hush little one. You´ll get your lunch, yes.."

She looked up at Frodides, who was bewilderedly staring at her. Mia half-sighed and gave a little smile. "Frodides, meet my sister. Say hi, Dierna...."