View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 04:52 PM   #44
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
You said you recieved two PMs Brinniel, who was the other?
The other was Aman, who is away in Ireland right now. I haven't gotten reponses from Helka or Vanima, but also haven't seen either of them on the BD lately. Perhaps they are on vacation too.

But now that we will begin our discussion, I will post my story idea, as it is only halfway thought out, and I could use some suggestions.

It begins here:

20 years after the Shadows of Umbra, a dying elf stumbles into a small town just east of the Misty Mountains. Someone tends to him (perhaps Tallin accompanied by Hwesta), and it is learned that he is the only survivor of 16 elves who left on an expedition to the Misty Mountains 50 years ago. The purpose of the expedition was to find and retrieve an important object that was believed to be lost in the mountains hundreds of year ago before evil finds it and learns to wield it. Unfortunately, the expedition ran into many troubles in the Misty Mountains, and after being attacked by goblins, trolls, and wargs, only this one elf has made it out alive.
Unfortunately, the elf dies of his wounds the next day. In his dying words, he requests that a new expedition is made, as this missing object is still lost and is too important to be neglected.
After much debating, it is agreed that this second expedition will be made, this time with a smaller group of expeditionaries. This group will face the same troubles as the first group and perhaps even enter the mines of Moria.

That is my idea for a storyline. It is not very organized, as it was just a random brainstorm of mine. I have not even figured out what exactly the object should be yet (something like a stone, staff, etc.), but I'm hoping that someone will come up with a suggestion.

I also think that this RPG should be kept open for 2-3 more people, though that is not for me to decide.

I hope to hear responses from you soon, dragon, and hopefully from Helka, Vanima, and Aman, too.