View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 07:28 PM   #113
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, a few notes on my generic save post.

I hope the description of masquerade wear meets with the approval of Dryea and Alethea. It was pre-emptory of my to simply describe it, but I felt it necessary to get the post done and the three women to the ball without further ado.

As for the phamplets and the beggar, I worked that in with the anticipation of the following. Evidence will be needed at some point of Morthaniawen's treachery. The phamplets will never be delivered as the signal will never fall. The fact that they were falsely made by Sador's House will be uncovered as a ploy when the truth of their originator is uncovered.

As for Dryea being the one who sent correspondence back to Umbar, here's what I was thinking on that. Firstly, Dryea would see that as a progression in how much she is trusted by Ruiel. Being allowed to send a reply to such official Umbarian communiques could be a promotion of sorts. It was fitting Dryea do this as Dryea is the one ultimately hled as responsible.

If Eckthelion learns of correspondence coming and going from his city concerning Umbar, then it makes sense he discovered Dryea's hand on the dispatch, even if it was set there at her mother's bidding.

As for the childish bickering between sisters, well that's just fuel for the coming rift that will prompt Alethea to betray her sister. The fact that her new friend Adrama is in the firing line is further impetus. I'm gearing Ruiel to reveal herself as the puppet-mistress she is, manipulating even her daughters for her own ends.

When Dryea is unmasked for who she is, and Alethea declared a traitor to her kin and Umbar, Ruiel has a decision to make. Save her daughters or herself (condemning them to their fate). A chilling in the mother daughter relationship is necessary for that decision to be possible, as well as stress for Dryea to make her planned error and Alethea to turn her back on country, mother and sister.

Hope that makes sense and is not overly complicated. In short, the post is creating fuel for the coming fire.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight