View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 05:10 AM   #91
gondowe
Wight

gondowe has just left Hobbiton.
Ok. We must remove Asgon. I, for sure too, don't want to invent anything not based in Tolkien's words.
I only wanted to ask for something that I might have missed.

Sarn Athrod. I'll give my thougts.
Athrod I suppose is old Gnomish or Noldorin. The Sarn Athrad has a general meaning of Stony Ford, but we have here a, say, "new" ford over Ascar that we have to manage. I'm inclined to use it as it was the old Aros ford, mostly having the Gelion Ford's name now as Athrad Daer. But I always wonder if the suggested change of the last one was due to not repeat the Sarn Athrad of the Baranduin.

Asasaeg. As I said, I agree with the rejection of Neo-Elvish, I prefer to use Noldorin or leave it only in English/Spanish (another option to de Sarn Athrod/Stony ford).

Greetings

Edit: One proposal.

RD-EX-54 <TN This then was the design; and by his deeds have the Dwarves been severed in feud for ever since those days with the Elves, and drawn more nigh in friendship to the {kin}[following] of {Melko}[Morgoth]. <From C..TH {Evidently not a lover of Dwarves, but one who looked only on their bad side (or knew no other side). He} [This] had some justification, for though no servants of the Evil Vala, the Dwarves were by nature and origin specially open to the degeneration of their love and admiration {[[the word “for” is corrected to “of”, written above the original word]]} of works of “craft” into a fierce possessiveness.

Last edited by gondowe; 08-25-2022 at 09:14 AM.
gondowe is offline   Reply With Quote