View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 04:53 AM   #86
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Asgon: No doubt, in my personal 'Silmarillion' Asgon does surfive. But I don't see that we have enough evidence to introduce anythink in our text in this project. Which means that if we really want an introduction of what ever kind, we would have to find arguments out of original Tolkien sources for his surfival.
But just to mention it: For me there no chance for a following of Asgon that would surfive with him. I can imaging Asgon staying away from the Hoard, but the rest of Húrins following is needed to transport the Hoard, that means they are under the curse of Mîm and that has to kill them in one way or another.

Haudh: More oppinions would be good, other wise it needs toilsome investigation.

RD-EX-35: Why do you think the emessaries could not leave Menegroth after they had negothiated with Thingol? And whom could thy send back to fetch the smiths? I think that 'send' in Concerning ... 'The Hoard' does explicitly mean that the emessaries themself walked back to Nogord and initiated the smiths to go to Menegroth.
As a matter of fact, I think here the structure of TN shows trough, but with Ufedhin and his dwarfish friends and the transport of half of the Hoard to Nogord taken out.

RD-EX-54: Clearly the statment is routed in the old conception of the Dwarves. But there are some arguments why it could still be useable:
- we see even in later sources some Dwarves reported to be 'under the Shadow' when they first meet with the Fathers of Men
- later some Dwarves fight for Sauron in the War of the Last Alliance
- The story is alway told out of the perpective of the ELves or their friends. And it is a classical point of view in a polarised situation such as war, that foe of my foe is my friend and vise versa.

Sarn Athrad: Reading my own text know I can see your problem with the naming: It is to seperated and with that confusing (especailly since many readers would be familar with the old concept of Sarn Athrad being the Ford over Gelion). We have to find a n other way to make the geography of the road more clear. I will search for that and come back with a better presentation of what we consider as fact.

Respectfuly
Findegil

Last edited by Findegil; 08-18-2022 at 04:57 AM.
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote