View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 04:34 PM   #159
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I want to begin reading through some of the chapters that are still in progress, but the notation system seems rather oblique to an outsider.

I've read the stickied notation post, but it still doesn't seem to cover all the points about what is actually a part of the intended draft, and what is the removed or replaced sections.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong section. Any guidance would be appreciated.
My posting #16 in that thread is probably still a good condensation.

Quote:
But then, as I've only read The Silmarillion twice and CoH once, perhaps you don't actually want me leaving comments?
Be asured that we all like to get any input we can get! And we all knew that it is quite difficult to start (since not many of the active members have been starting members).

Quote:
I know that you are trying to be guarded in respect to the password for the private forum, but I would be happy to stay around and comment. I'm interested in seeing some of the finalized chapters, as the working posts for each chapter don't show how these things end up as "completed" works.
It might be that you would be disapointed with what you would/will find in the private forum. There are not (at least only in some cases) clean text versions of the chapters. Mostly it is only complete draft texts in the editied fromat. Any chapter that is started here is there in first draft version, the more finished chapters in more than one version. But your are of couse right that it is not easy to work through our often fare ranging discussion and keep track of how the editing evolved. Name the chapter you would like to start with and I will see how I can get you going.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote