Thread: Lambion Ontalė
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #9
gandalf85
Wight

gandalf85 has just left Hobbiton.
I'm glad we are including the Third Age material. To those comments I don't respond to, I agree:

DP-10b/10.5/11.5: I agree with ArcusCalion's "After Pengolodh departed Middle-earth".

LO-29: I agree to "among the Sindar".

LO-32: I agree with Arcus that this seems like too much of a change. I would leave it a "ruin of their realm" which is open to interpretation.

LO-40: I was actually thinking something like "House" might be more appropriate. When Tolkien says "Finrodians" we are not sure if he is referring to the family/children of Finarfin or the followers of Finarfin (or both). I think House of vague enough to retain the ambiguity of the original "Finrodians".

LO-42.5: This is a good idea, as "Excursus on the Languages of Beleriand" was becoming increasingly inaccurate as a sub-title.

LO-44.5: Agreed to including this.

LO-54: I just assumed this change was right. Looking at the HoME Index I don't think it is.

LO-AF-62 I agree with using the Hobbit material but not having a separate sub-title.

One small fix: in the Word document I have between LO-07 and LO-08 there is an Avari with a symbol above the second a: Avări. It should be removed.
gandalf85 is offline   Reply With Quote