View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #16
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
RP-SL-26: What is our source for creating a footnote here? For me that is a no go.

2) RP-SL-32: Agreed. But I would keep ‘At that time’.

3) Okay Gandalf85 had the text as we wanted it. And I don’t really see the problem. In the second sentence it says that ‘At that time’, which means both sentence speak about the same event. But if both of you think ArcusCalion edit is better, I am okay with it. But the editing is much easier, I think, in this way:
Quote:
… who passed through Moria after the destruction of Eregion by Sauron in the year 1697 of the Second Age. RP-SL-33b<The History of Galadriel and Celeborn; Amroth and Nimrodel {The implication of the extract just given is that after Eregion’s fall Celeborn led this migration to Lórien, while Galadriel joined Gil-galad in Lindon; but elsewhere, in writing contemporary with this, it is said explicitly that they both}Both Galadriel and Celeborn at that time {‘}passed through Moria with a considerable following of Noldorin exiles and dwelt for many years in Lórien{‘}.> RP-SL-32b{At that time Elrond went westward [sic; probably meaning simply that he did not cross Misty Mountains] and established the refuge of Imladris; }Celeborn went at first to Lórien and fortified it against any further attempts of Sauron to cross the Anduin.> RP-SL-34<The History of Galadriel and Celeborn; Amroth and Nimrodel When however Sauron withdrew to Mordor, …
4) RP-SL-46b: I agree to this.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote