View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #111
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Welcome to the project thelotrfreak1 and all good whishes for the new year for you to!

Now I will try to answer your questions as good as I can.
Quote:
I hope there is still something I could do in The Translation from the Elvish.
There is still a lot of work ahead. But most of the work are long winding and slow discussion of minor details.
Quote:
Could anyone just give me a general idea on the progress so far.
Well, still my postings #100 and #106 are still valid and give an nice overview of were we stand right now.
Quote:
How fast is the work being done?
Slow. It is an very easy task to produce a draft version of a chapter. But that does not accomplish much. It is the agreement in this forum that definies what is considered finished. The project has ever since now worked in waves. The last year was a very long, very quiet time, and only recently new people have brought some new movement.
Quote:
Estimated percentage would help. Indeed, even an approximate deadline would.
There is and will definitley never be any deadline! In my view that would be contarey to the soul of the project. Estimated precentages are also very dificult to me. I have no idea how much discussion will be needed in chapters not jet started. That means oferall I have no clou at all. (So refering to our general plan we have only worked on a part of book 1 of "The Tranlations from the Elvish".)
For the chapters reffered to in posting #100, I would say that "done" means 97 % (some changes are always possible).
While the work on the Narn i Chin Húrin is done to about 80 %, since the changes introduced by The children of Húrin are not yet fully discussed.
At least their are the drafts worked out by myself and not yet under discussion. For this I would say 5 % to 10 % of the work might be the production of the draft.
But even if the chapter is considered done, some new ideas brought up, followed by an realisation of "the truth" by the group could change a lot.
Oferall some of the hard parts are done but their is still much work ahead.

Respectfuly
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote