View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #100
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think it time to try a rescue of this project before it is completely forgotten by all its former active members.

Since I believe all of us need an update were we stand I will give an overview here. I try to keep the order in which we started the work on the chapters, but don’t take that to serious:

The Fall of Gondolin (FoG): Done. With some new comments on the Names of Rog and Laegolas, but nothing that was convincing so fare.

The Darkening of Valinor (DoV): Done.

Ainulindalë (AINU): Done. (Even the Yavanna as a tree discussion has found an end, even so I do not yet know exactly why the version we settled at was superior to a footnote.)

Valaquenta (Vala): Done.

Of the Voyage of Eärendil & Of the Great Battle and the War of Wrath (VE): Done.

Of the Ruin of Doriath (RD): Done. With the single exception of the question of Andróg as member of Húrins Band, which is discussed in Narn I Chîn Húrin 1: Túrins Fostering.

Narn i Chîn Húrin (Narn; NA): Changes from The Children of Húrin are proposed but not yet discussed. Some further adds are proposed but although not yet discussed. In this chapter obviously the point to restart the project.

Narn Beren ion Barahir or Narn e•Dinúviel (BL): Done.

For the Silmarillion chapters up to „11 Of the flight of the Noldor“ and the chapter “21 Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin” I have drafts ready for posting. But I will not undertake the wok to bring them in postable form before the discussion of the Narn is not done.

That is were we are. Is there still enough interest in the project to keep it alive?

For my part the question is answered with a clear yes, but I don’t see myself doing it alone. I know very well that had I done the work so fare alone it would have be much less good than the results of the group work.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote