View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 01:26 PM   #11
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots Queen Bekah

Indeed, a superb idea, Fordim, to borrow Piosenniel's method. I hope you will continue her wise ways. In keeping with your wishes to avoid a bio or history now, I offer these responses of the Queen to your issues.

Queen Bekah, once Princess Bekah of Alanzia, and now known also as "Mayiam, "Lady of Cool Water", is the quietly competent consort of King Faroz. She arrived in Pashia as a young adolescent as part of a dynastic marriage intended to secure peace between her country and Pashia. She faced considerable hostility and mistrust upon her arrival and has worked assiduously to earn the trust and respect of the Pastians without being seen as a traitor to Alanzia. To this end, she has not courted issues of power and politics and has instead sought to identify herself with social and cultural issues, focusing upon her role as mother and the higher issues of statehood and just order. To this end, she has educated her children thoroughly in the culture of both Pashtia and Alanzia, drawn around her a small retinue of people from both countries and many ranks; she has been mainly responsible for helping to establish trade between the two countries. She has wisely not displayed her personal feelings but has always been guided by the question of what is best for continued peace, which she sees as proceeding from a strong central monarchy.

Her response to these three issues is based upon that main criterion: what will ensure the greater good and a strong monarch.

May the Queen humbly ask where the King stands in relation to these questions or is that part of secret game strategy?