View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 04:08 PM   #49
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Berilac

Berilac’s sharp ears caught the exchange between the two women. He was just coming to the Inn after having seen his brother-in-law to the Town Hall for the night. It was a fair night, and the window in the kitchen of the Prancing Pony had been left open for the breezes to cool the always warm area where the ovens were.

It had been his intention to speak briefly with the Innkeeper. He had heard from some of the families that she was intending to run a school starting the next day, and he wanted to let her know he would be picking up a number of the children when classes were done. Now he had heard her idea of needing to bring in supplies for the town. Perhaps they could dovetail their efforts and get this task accomplished together.

He stepped up to the small porch at the kitchen door, and knocking firmly called out, so as not to frighten the two.

‘It’s Berilac, Mistress Woolthistle. Mausi’s Ranger friend.’

The door opened a crack, and Andreth’s face peered through it. He stepped back, so not to seem imposing. ‘Berilac,’ he repeated. ‘We met in passing at Mausi’s home earlier today.’ He paused while she took his measure, then opened the door a bit wider. Taking this as an invitation to continue, he began, ‘I was wondering if I might speak with you for a moment?’

[ October 14, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]