View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #3189
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But how about Lhuna, Form, Dury, Fea, Mnemo, Nienna, others?
Náin doesn't have a story arc, and is more or less designed so that he can either be present in Scarburg or absent on a given day without much difficulty, so I don't have a huge preference for jumping ahead more or less as far as he is concerned--a slightly longer jump would give him time to have scurried back to the Glittering Caves and returned, but it's not important.

From a less character-based perspective, I'd lean towards a longer jump. I don't really think we need to see reactions from the news of Eodwine's recovery--or, to put it more precisely, I think the reactions themselves would be nice, but that it isn't enough to justify a whole Day, and the side stuff that would come up would bog the day down--and since I know that Elempi has been itching for quite a while already to get Eodwine back into action, it seems like we should just jump to his actual return.

As for Saeryn, although she'd obviously want to be with him, I wonder if she would really be allowed to go. A pregnant woman--and a lady at that--would likely be discouraged from travelling, and Athanar (or whoever else--maybe Winflaed--that would have to tell her as much) might use the argument that "he's recovering--that means he'll come back to YOU, so you don't need to risk his child by going to him). It might also be more dramatically fun to see what happens when Eodwine returns to find Saeryn fuming at the Family Athanar, with himself simultaneously glad to see her and glad that Athanar didn't let her go, yet irritated at Athanar for denying her--on top of the whole "two Eorls" conundrum for the rest of the settlement.

But that's just my two cents.