View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 08:20 AM   #286
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
A quick correction:

You got it backwards. That was me cautioning myself against being too trusting towards you and sally.
Ahh, I see, that makes more sense. Well I took the "this is about sally and Boro" as you were telling me not to trust sally based on previous feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Also

Are the Dead cautioning us not to be led astray by disputes between two loud guys, which would probably mean Boro and Legate?
No, I don't think that is the suggestion from the Dead at all. Look at how Form went about the first message.

He quoted about the "Vision of Iluvatar" that was "brief and soon taken away." So, this would be referencing the tidbit of info given to the innocent dead by our ModGods:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
To clarify, as there are so far no wolves on the DT, the information so far was not picked by wolves but merely by yours truly and BG. However, it will be picked by wolves when/if a wolf dies, in the sense that they will be given a choice of 2-3 infodrops of which they select the one to be posted on the DT to be known to the Inno-Dead.
Then in Form's Post 273:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Originally Posted by Ainulindalë
Then Ilúvatar arose, and the Ainur perceived that he smiled; and he lifted up his left hand, and a new theme began amid the storm, like and yet unlike to the former theme, and it gathered power and had new beauty.
Again referencing Iluvatar and a "new theme began" so another message. To decipher this one, as the first one, you have to look at the quotes that Form is trying to tell a story through several unconnected quotes. But all put together it contains the piece of information. To remove just 1 out and focus on that, distorts the "new theme," distorts the new message.

What that message is I'm hoping perhaps others can help, but think of it as trying to decipher the message by Form creating a story through unconnected quotes.

In the first message he quoted

"The Beginning of Days," "The First Day" "we elected and measured" So, the message was about the voting on Day 1.

Now this time, it appears to be something about another day's voting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
'The morning of two days ago, nigh on three days of journey! How far is the place where you parted?'

In the Lake-town we have always elected masters from among the old and wise, and have not endured the rule of mere fighting men.
I don't know if this is referring to Day 1 voting again as in "2 days ago, nigh on three." Or if he's trying to talk about 2 "phases" ago...if that makes sense? I would think if he was talking about Day 1 voting he would have chosen, the same as his first message quoting the "Beginning of Days" and "The First Day." Thus this could be something about Day 2 voting?

But I am going to need some help on this one.

Edit: crossed with Pitch and Kath

Last edited by Boromir88; 04-25-2021 at 08:24 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote