View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #6
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And the village grows! Wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
My first gut reaction is against this, simply because there's nothing more frustrating for wolves than to actually sniff out and kill the Seer only for the mod*dess to pull a backup Seer out of their hat. As long as the divined info is only divulged to the Dead and a subsequent ghost has no way of revealing it unambiguously I suppose that's ok.
I think part of that set up is that there is no Seer in the game; we are working with very small numbers, this may change as people sign up. And from the way I understood Hui's proposal, if the Dead decide to dream instead of haunt, then the info is only revealed to the DT (or even just to the Ghost), and they lose one of their shots at communicating with the GT. It's a very roundabout one-time *dead* Seer.

However, if there are going to be more sign ups and we will have a Seer after all, I think this function would be excessive. In that case, the DT will potentially have information via a real dead Seer. Without a Seer though, it's one of the several proposed ways in which the DT can be useful for the GT. Still up for discussion. I'm in a neutral position on it, and I think the decision will rest largely on numbers and the existence of a Living Seer.