View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #387
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, Mac-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Phantom's collection looks nice out of context, but it's bogus.
Well naturally any hints are going to have to be somewhat out of context. You can't say "Here's a hint" and then make one of those statements (okay, you could, but then they wouldn't be able to be looked for or discovered, as they'd be right there). So don't accuse me of over-reaching on account of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
My English must be terrible indeed, since I don't see what's wrong with this sentence. "In my opinion, he used the reference to Zeus simply to say "I am a lover". It's frustrating to be alone with that opinion."
No, no, there was nothing wrong with the sentence, but the fact that you stated that you were alone and were discussing lovers... I mean- you do understand why that might resemble a hint, right?

But in the end, you say-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
tp, I didn't have the heart to tell you because I didn't want to disappoint you. I know you like hints and bluffs etc., but there's none of that here. I saw it, I thought it was suspicious, I pointed it out, and then faced quite some opposition and had to keep talking and defending myself. No special role involved with it.
All right then. So in other words you're saying that you weren't even so much as laying false hints, but rather you weren't meaning to be indicating anything at all. Okay. This makes me suspect you less, as it seems to me that it would've been incredibly easy for you to write off the statements as ploys, but instead you've put forth that you never meant it at all, which you surely must know would look less believable in the eyes of those who already wish to suspect you. Why would you say this if it were not the truth? So- at this point I'd say I'm willing to leave those comments behind, Mac.

(Just fyi, in my earlier post I was wondering if perhaps you were Demeter and that was the cause of your Persephone/Hades obsession, and it was the Demeter role I was referring to earlier when I mentioned that there was an unlikely possibility by percentage but something that explained your behavior well after I reread the rules. It was this that I was trying to give you the chance to hint at.)