View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Bęthberry you naughty lady! You ruined my innocence!
moi?

Actually, I think it was Freud who ruined a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley
Oh, I don't know. Thinking about how much Sam loved Frodo, I could see him getting into a berserkers rage easily enough.
Oh, it isn't the rage that makes me smirk, not at all. That's perfectly understandable. (My comment to Agan probably answers your other question--and Galadriel's EEK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I know. It was fair and made perfect sense. I'm just something of a sentimentalist when it comes to Saruman.
Do you mean you feel pity for him and wish he had had someone to hold back his killer, as Gandalf had discussed with Frodo about Gollem? Or . . . mawkish emotion for a dude you thought was cool for challenging the hegemony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley
I've been thinking back about things that bothered me, and I remembered the scene in Fellowship, when the Hobbits are captured by the Barrow Wights and upon being freed, Tom extols them to run around naked.
By Jove, you've got it! The real reason PJ omitted Tom and the Barrow Wight from the movie! Scandalous nekkidness and the Hollywood ratings code.