View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 05:35 PM   #21
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I wanted to like it, but found it extremely disappointing. It's not only a poorly-written fantasy tv show, but it feels completely disconnected from anything Tolkien wrote (throwing in a couple of characters named Galadriel & Elrond isn't enough). Don't think I'll be watching anymore.
No wargs, amirite? Ah well, as ever it's still good to see your posts around here, even if I get the feeling you won't be sticking around long.

Celebrimbor is the only canon-character that interests me at this point. Charles Edwards portrayal of him in Episode 2 was good. His casual dismissal of Feanor crafting the Silmarils. His motivations and ambitions at craftsmanship are with good intentions, even though this will lead to very bad things. And the way the actor was describing his admiration for dwarven craftsmanship, the way he was speaking in awe of wanting to see dwarves work their craft was performed well by the actor. He told me more about Celebrimbor's character in 5 minutes than I know about Galadriel's character at the moment.

The other canon characters verge on a scale of "meh" to "oh I hope this gets on the rails quickly."

It's actually the non-canon characters and this invented story line of an elven occupation over the Southlands (watching over ancestors of people who sided with Morgoth) that is interesting to me. Honestly it kind of shows the creators might have been able to create a compelling generic fantasy story. But instead, they have to attach Tolkien's name and branding to create a bigger hype and profits.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-03-2022 at 05:39 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote