View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #3450
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I think you hit on a lot of good points, Durelin.

I also think that it can be really easy for people to look around at the characters who are actively posting and say, "Well, I don't see why my character would interact with any of the available characters" and then not post (I'm guilty of this too). And it can happen for a variety of reasons: the character as created is just kind of a loner, or there's no one else available in the character's age group, or all the writers of the character's previous compadres have gone AWOL.

Rather than not posting at that point, I think what needs to happen is that we all make a greater effort to be aware of what other characters aren't busy, and make them interact for some reason. Like what we did with building the sheep pen.

As for writers who have gone missing a bit (Mnemo and Lommy were mentioned) - Mnemo has at least been around the Downs, and Lommy, I would imagine, is somewhere in the same boat as Nogrod... Can we bring people back in?

As for leadership in the hall, I'd agree with Elempi. Everyone goes through tough spots in RL and I don't think anyone on the Downs would expect you to prioritize us over that. If you want to come back, I'm perfectly happy to wait for you.