View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #118
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I don't think there has been much discussion of the wildcard role. Obviously it is hard to discuss an undescribed role but it is a known unknown, as Donald Rumsfeld would say, something we know we don't know. It holds strange powers some of which might well stuff up cleverclogs voting systems.
Indeed- I considered offering up a bit of mystery role speculation early, but I was worried it was simply too much to handle. What if the Mystery Role can negate dreams? What if MR is immune to either lynch or Wolf kill but is slain by a Ranger protection? What if MR is a Gifted Cobbler (can dream, or protect Wolves from their own kills, etc.)? What if MR can alter the bonus vote from the Dead once per game? What if MR is cursed and will join the WWs if targeted but will be turned Ordo if dreamt? What if MR learns the identity of any lynch victim that he had a hand in lynching? I could go on and on...

Basically I'm afraid of speculating because anything we choose to do could be the exact wrong thing to do because of some MR factor we didn't know about. So unless someone has something to go on maybe we should ignore the presence of the MR until such time as something weird happens.