View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #845
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The server gave Al a skeptic look, before leaving for a minute to bring the things he needed for cleaning. When she came back, she gave some instructions on what to do with all the things after he is done. Al looked at the already large puddle on the floor that was spreading even more with an air of one who is doomed to endless suffering.

He just resolved himself to get down to the tedious business of cleaning when the server added in a friendlier tone, “Oh, I almost forgot. It’s Rowan – my name – Rowan.” She brushed aside a lock of brown hair that was in her face and went off to help another customer. “Don’t worry, Mistress Rowan,” Al said loudly to her when she was turning away, “I’ll make the floor shine!”

Mopping the floor was truly a tedious business. Although he didn’t make the floor shine by any stretch of imagination, Al tried his best to clean up the mess. He was sorely regretting his rash decision. Oh, what would the lads say, if they saw me, me, of all hobbits, wiping the floor of some tavern! The quick glances and stifled giggles from the other guests did not make it any better.

Finally, after putting away the mop, dustpan, and bucket, utterly miserable, Al came over to the bar. “My sincere apologies about all the mess, Master Boffin,” he said in a tired voice: mopping up the beer turned out to be a very hard job indeed. “If it’s not too much trouble, may I please have another pint? And some food? It’s just the right time for an early lunch.”