View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #276
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
ATTRACTIVE

Luthien is in play, so yeah. The other people are eliminated (Tilion, Boromir, Elwing, Earendil). Sorry to those that played them. They were good choices, but come on.
You seem to be hasty again phantom... and lazy with your facts or your language.

Tilion is a Maia, not one of the "people" but a spirit -and if you state the Maia of the Moon is less attractive than a sudden bastard child you must be crazy!

With Boromir I do agree: he might be attractive (alluring, engaging, good-looking) in many people's eyes for a reason, but I do think Lúthien outshines him easily.

Of Elwing we know sadly very little as comes to her attractiveness but her name to begin with means "Star Spray" which probably is quite attractive to make just a minimal claim. And being a white bird is a kind of symbol of chastity and beaty combined - and she had to be attractive to gain the interest of Eärendil...

Which brings me to Eärendil I mean first of all "crossbreeds" are always more beautiful than "pure-bloods" (good-looking), he wed the daughter of Beren and Luthien (engaging), and he managed to talk himself to Valinor (alluring) - so he can't be totally unattractive...

Now some of the characteristics of Eärendil fit also Elwing and Lúthien, but not all. I mean talking yourself into the West! Knowing Manwë and his reverence to Eru's plans it is hard to see any unattractive person to do that.

Therefore I'd say that of the "persons" Eärendil would be the best choice with Tilion and Lúthien as close seconds.

Of the others I'd consider seriously the Arkenstone. It sure is attractive, good-looking, engaging and alluring - at least to dwarves and orcs and dragons!

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-07-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote