View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #1180
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Scyld was startled by the voice coming from below. Falco! Where had he come from? Scyld was unused to be taken by surprise, but the little fellow seemed to have a way of moving about unobtrusively.

"Maybe you and I might lend the Lady Saeryn a hand if trouble starts, if you take my meaning," Falco said.

Scyld did not bother to defend his listening in, but instead reconstrued it. “As you say,” said Scyld, inclining his head. “It seems to me that both of them could do with some watching, though few enough people here seem willing to do so.” Scyld eyed Falco's short stature skeptically. “Though should it come to trouble, I daresay that you shall need me more than I shall need you.”

Before Falco could reply, the door slammed open and Saeryn dragged Scyrr in by his ear, yelling all the while. Shock registered on Scyld's face – he had more expected to have to pull Scyrr off of Saeryn, not the other way around. He leapt into action, trying to pull Scyrr away from her grasp but he only roared louder and batted at him with an arm. Scyld fell back and before he could make another attempt, Saeryn addressed the hall: “My lords! My lord Eodwine. This man – this man here – has somewhat that he would say in your hearing."

Scyld knew his was not the only head that snapped towards Eodwine at the head table. Those who weren't watching Eodwine were watching Scyrr. Nor was Scyld the only one ready to move should more fighting break out. For now, though, he just waited for someone to speak.