View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #355
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shelob retreated further into her cavern, listening closely to the whispering of the innocents through the small opening in the wall. She settled into her corner, reveling in the fear she detected in their voices. The tension was reaching an unexpected high, especially after the fiasco yesterday with the man who called himself a doctor. But they were few now, even if they hadn’t dismissed someone into her chambers to become a snack. All she had to do was wait.

“Ssssssssssssssss....”

Shelob could make out a small shape coming toward her, its eyes reflecting the glow coming from her. It approached, its smile wide and its pearly teeth glistening maliciously.

“Psssssst,” it said again.

“Not yet,” Shelob whispered soothingly. “Go back with the others. Your time will come.”

“But....”

“Back with the others,” Shelob repeated shrilly. “Go. I have work to do.”

“But what shall I do? I’m all alone.”

“Play with the others,” Shelob replied simply. She lowered one of her pincers and stroked her child’s cheek tenderly. “You’re not alone. You know that.”

The child nodded, grasping Shelob’s pincer tightly. “I won’t disappoint you,” it promised.

“I know you won’t. Now go on,” she insisted gently. “I will soon approach again, and this time not all of them will escape so easily. Remember what I’ve taught you, and we will succeed.”

With that the child turned back, its feet scuffing the floor as it scratched absently at the still fresh sting on its neck. It crawled back through crevice, keeping quiet as it rejoined the others in the darkness. It could almost make out faces now, its eyes more attuned to the dark, but it still was unable to tell if any of the others had also been recruited into Shelob’s brood.

Perhaps, if it only looked harder, it could- what was that?

There was a sharp scream, a quick burst of light immediately blocked out as a large shape thrust itself into the small entrance of their hideaway.

They tried to escape, but it was too late. In the split second that there had been light, they saw one of their comrades impaled, his face still shrouded in darkness as his body was pierced by the sharp stinger that had penetrated their sanctuary. He let out a wordless cry, his voice also unrecognizable as he slumped to the ground, dragging his wounded body further into the dark.

Toward the back of the group, someone felt his cheeks growing as hot as the weapon at his side. He had failed to protect his friend, and it was so dark he likely would not find him in time to reverse the effects of the poison now coursing through his friend’s body.

It was going to be a long day, and for one of the group, it would be his last.

Alive
Phantom
Dun
Nog
Fea
Lottie
Lhuna
Nerwen
Shasta
Wilwa

Dead
Glirdan (ordo, lynched Day 1)
Nienna (ordo, withdrew Day 2)
Bom (ordo, lynched Day 2)
Boro (the Doctor, withdrew Day 3)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-10-2011 at 03:25 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote