View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #723
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
the surroundings were pretty Elvish - sand, saltwater and sea gulls, oh my! ...and a few swans thrown in for good measure. I do love walking barefoot at the beach! (It was at the Baltic Sea, just in case anyone is interested.)
Esty: It's dangerous for elves to be exposed to the ocean...especially wood elves!

:sloshtrudgesloshtrudgesloshtrudgesloshtrudgeslosh trudgesloshtrudgesloshtrudgesloshtrudge:
Another weary day's travel. The clouds gathered early in the morning, and the rain continued for most of the day. There was so much mud, I thought we were back in the Midgewater Marshes. Although it remained overcast, the downpour ceased late in the afternoon. Strider was finally able to get a fire going so that we could dry our cloaks and clothes. Unfortunately, we had nothing to cook on it...cram again! Hey Peony! How about a song to lift our spirits?

--------------------

• Ho! Ho! Ho! To the bottle I go
    To heal my heart and drown my woe.
    Rain may fall and wind may blow,
    And many miles be still to go,
    But under a tall tree I will lie,
    And let the clouds go sailing by.