View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #644
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
You can help hysterical laughing when you read the following passage from LotR:
Quote:
Gandalf's eyes flashed. 'It will be my time to get angry soon', he said. 'If you say that again, I shall. Then you will see Gandalf the Grey uncloaked.' He took a step towards the hobbit, and he seemed to grow tall and menacing; his shadow filled the little room.
But it's translated to Finnish: "Then you will see Gandalf the Grey face to face." and that's not half as funny as the English one...
Ah, but seeing Gandalf face to face while he's uncloaked... that must be something.

You're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you clean your desk and everywhere you look, you find pieces of paper, envelopes, old magazines and whatnot filled with scribblings such as LotR p. 615, Isildur IIIII I, #340 or Gurthang -> Nonnacedak. (I just recently found my notes from WW2. It was pretty cute. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
You know you're addicted to the barrow downs when you compulsively hit refresh and you're not even playing werewolf...
Or when you compulsively hit refresh although you are the only member online...