View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #3020
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420!

I assign the primacy of sport over culture to Mordor. And Wimbledon specifically. I think I assign it every year. Well then, this year it can go to the Void.

Fuming tonight as a much anticipated and hyped new production of Henry IV Part 1 was shunted around the schedules to make way for tennis. That's Shakespeare. Our national Bard. Eventually, it started an hour later, though even the evening news bulletin was sacrificed, ladies' tennis being more important than the news on a day when a chunk of Russia is drowning and half the UK is also under water (alas, not SW19).

Anyway, it was splendid - I've seen Henry IV Part 1 more than a few times and this was the best yet. And the cast was amazing - Jeremy Irons, Tom Hiddleston (also known as Loki), Julie Walters, Maxine Peake, Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen), Alun Armstrong, his son Joe Armstrong, Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary in Downton), Robert Pugh (Craster)...and an excellent full on, nasty battle scene. Lasses knocking balls about a lawn is better than that? Maybe on Planet Mad in the Galaxy of Insanity