View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #3486
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Righto, Legate. It could well be that Leof's woes are as much imagined as real. It's hard to get this across when writing from a limited perspective, but Leof's still not totally secure in his position at the hall (though he hasn't really realized it). There's part of him that still feels that this is all too good to be true (since he ran away from a bad situation at home). When he came to Eodwine looking for help, he really wasn't expecting anything more than a very low level position - and then he got put in charge of the stables, so he's worked really hard to live up to that.

I think I took Hilderinc's attitude and sort of projected it onto the other soldiers, and then assumed not all of them would be quite so tactful about it. On top of that, a lot of the soldiers tend to their own horses a fair bit, so Leof feels like he's being cut out and he's not really in charge of "his domain" anymore.
Rightly done, as I really think quite many will have the attitude "look, a little boy..." - of course again, maybe they wouldn't have minded that much had it been "at home", but with the general "we have arrived, we are not liked by the locals, this place literally sucks, and what's that, boys for stablemasters?"

Anyway, the situation outside seems to be funny - I don't have time to post right at this very moment, but I think I will check around some twelve hours from now, and if Dury does not post anything for Tyrdda in response to Hilderinc, or if she does not object, I think it would be logical for Hilderinc and Tyrdda to overhear Scyrr and Saeryn outside (in case Dury would post then we could of course even still have a part of Hilderinc-Tyrdda dialogue, "as if" it happened before Scyrr and Saeryn came outside, but otherwise, I think it would be logical for those two to overhear them soon...).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories