View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #332
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

The grass tickled her toes as she sat in the shade of a large tree. Gudryn tried not to fall asleep case the fox came to nibble her toes, this fox was rather fearless when it came to Gudryn and rather nosy too.

And this day it came right up to her swishing his pompous tail around like he were a king. He sat on his haunces and looked at her expectantly.

"You're becoming quite the smart little thing aren't you?" she asked tossing him half a sugar cookie, "too bad I cannot teach you any tricks, you see I will be leaving soon, far away from that place over yonder" she pointed to a hut with black smoke billowing out of the chimmney.

"I pray he doesn't catch me before I leave", she turned to the little fox and smiled, "not to worry, I've told the elder Lady all about you, she won't miss a day giving you your cookie".

She patted the fox on the head, "I have things to do before I go", she stood up and walked briskly down the hill towards the ruffians stable. With one swift motion she opened the door and sent the horses flying out to there freedom.

With all the commotion Gudryn was able to sneak back inside and into her room.

"Tonight is the night" she mumbled in her sleep curling tighter into her blankets.