View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 02:34 PM   #168
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Back, I had dinner and caught up and now I have time to be around...

I cannot help but think something is happening in the Pitch-Lottie interaction. The whole back-and-forth is a horrible lock-up that makes me think one of them is a Wolf - and given the options that yesterDay's voting pattern offers, there are other reasons that might support it. My money would be on Pitch also because his vote was technically more throwaway, more traceless. Well I spoke about all the options in my post early in the Day. Another, even though perhaps farfetched possibility is that all this debate is some strange Wolf-on-Wolf (we can go back to the too-good-to-be-true scenario where the two of them and Hui are all Wolves). But that is already thinking very far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Actually all the way through yesterDay Hui seems to be sort of following Legate's lead.
This is an interesting remark from Kath and I did not realise it fully at first, but in retrospect, it is true - and I am not sure what to make of it. Hui is certainly no beginner player who would need to latch onto and just copypaste somebody else's opinion. But it seems to me we have also converged at multiple times, so maybe we just think in a similar manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
If there was a LottieWolf, maybe. I am not a wolf. You will get no information from lynching me, and the people who are spending the whole Day barking up this tree are giving the wolves perfect cover in which to operate. Please, just look at one (1) other person toDay. The village doesn’t benefit from wasting the whole day suspecting the same (innocent, believe it or not) person.
This came a bit out of the blue, or, not entirely, there has been suspicion about Lottie, but I would certainly not say that people have not been looking at anybody else. So funnily enough, while so far the way Lottie posted has been more or less on the neutral level for me, I would say this was the first thing that stood out notably. That being said, I do think there are others than Lottie whose posting or actions would seem much more likely wolfy to me than hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
It's also true that you considered Morsul being the first to vote for Huey, but to me, you very clearly wanted to put the attention to those who cast the 2nd votes (Huey and Lommy)

(...)
And my argument is, a single vote a bandwagon does not make, but a single vote has the same potential to start a bandwagon.
But you can say that about any vote, obviously. If I understand you correctly, and if you are genuine about this, then it seems to me we just differ in the manner of rhetorics. I simply believe that the second votes, especially in this small number, were more decisive than singular first votes. It's like if I said "billionnaires are rich" and then you disputed me by saying that millionnaires are also rich. I am not disputing that they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I chalked this up to perhaps being a language barrier difference, because I agreed with your overall conclusion that Pitch's vote was a throwaway and looks like "keeping record clean" when Greenie is revealed innocent. I didn't register Legate categorizing Pitch's vote as sinister until Huey brought it up in his post #134.

It may very well be a language barrier thing, but if anything Lottie's vote is the sinister one and Pitch's is the "safe throwaway."
You can call it whichever way you want. Both were possibly incriminating there. Pitch's was, let's call it more conveniently placed, and it both followed a switch from his older suspects to voting somebody who was likely not going to get lynched and at the same time not getting his hands dirty by lynching an innocent. Bonus value if Hui is a Wolf and Pitch thus cast a Wolf-on-Wolf vote in a safe space. That was the gist of what I was saying about him.

EDIT: x-ed from the start of the page
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote