Thread: Decorating Room
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #60
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meela View Post
Voile in the windows, a canopy and drapes over the bed, a thin wicker chair might be nice by the window... some gold or silver borders around the walls, such as elvish patterns and swirly designs.
Ivy is a nice idea, as well.
Quite white, light, airy, nautural colours, lots of drapes, pale cushions, little swirly lampstands, perhaps some crystals hanging from the ceiling or in the window (I have these all over my room, and they catch the light and I get rainbows and light patterns dancing on my walls. Very pretty!)

Oh, and if it wasn't so expensive, it would be great to put a couple of small pillars or columbs in the window, either side. Sort of Greek, only more elvish...

[ November 06, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
...Meela, if you're still around this was brilliant stuff... I won't do the capnopy over the bed, but moonlit/starlit stuff, and sparkles to catch the sunlight... oooooo. Love the sparkles. I can pick up some of those, surely...

EDIT

All right, since it's Christmastime, I dug up some old garland. Green, or green and white. So Five peices of garland are draped around my living room: three over painting frames, and two hanging off of (tree-shaped) sconces. (Why I didn't buy two more of those tree-shaped sconces, I don't know. ) I also picked up three holly sprigs and stuck those coming out of the top of the paintings.

It's a big improvement. I'm wondering if I can get away with a few green sarongs as drapery... Hmmm.

Need sparkle chrystals for the windows. Where can I get those in volume?

Last edited by mark12_30; 12-19-2008 at 10:25 AM.
mark12_30 is offline   Reply With Quote