View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #123
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
My thoughts about how the wizrds might work...

I agree that it is definitely not in the best interest of the EW to challenge early. Right now, the wolf-to-villager ratio is about 1:13 (not including wizards). These are horrible odds, and despite the lack of gifteds if I were a wolf I would not be feeling very comfortable with playing the rest of the game this way. My guess is the EW waits until the ratio is at least 1:3 or, depending on the circumstances, 1:2. As for the GW, I think that revealing his/herself would be a bad idea; this leaves it up to the EW to decide the circumstances of the challenge and helps the EW decide who to curse and how to act. The GW needs to concentrate on finding the EW and hopefully challenge him/her fairly soon; any time after we have a seer and a ranger would probably work. A hunter would be nice, but not necessary. Someone said something earlier about the GW being able to guide the villagers actions; I would say that until we have a gifted or two this really would not be particularly necessary, and maybe not even smart. Certainly, the GW should not be telling us everything; this tells the EW those exact same things. I'm not saying it wouldn't work; I'm saying we would need to be careful about how and when we did it.

The other thing is that, with the exception of the couple of individuals that the GW scries, s/he is not actually going to know a whole lot more about the status of individual players than the rest of the innocents, which makes me a little leary of just letting the GW lead the charge. Reading up in my lorebooks, I've been finding that it takes long enough for the seer in a regular village to gather enough information to be really useful; how much more so in our quite sizable village? And once we're attempting to rely on seer dreams, we can't trust that information to be valid for more than a couple days.

As for suspicions... I'm still working my head around to that one. So many people...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote