Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2002, 04:16 PM   #84
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
i got some pretty good ones last night...

The hair of Saruman

'buttons and elephants!' he hissed, and they shuddered at the hideous change. 'idiot! What is the house of Eorl but a silly school where brigands jump in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among the cats? Too long have they escaped the lamp themselves. But the clock comes, slow in the ticking, tight and hard in the end. run if you will!' Now his voice changed, as he slowly mastered himself. 'I know not why I have had the patience to speak to you. For I need you not, nor your little band of trees, as swift to yell as to whisper, Théoden Horsemaster. Long ago I offered you a pencil beyond your merit and your wit. I have offered it again, so that those whom you mislead may clearly see the choice of roads. You give me books and erasers. So be it. Go back to your houses!
--------------------------------------
The bag of Galadriel

But suddenly the bag went altogether big, as big as if a hole had opened in the world of sight, and Frodo looked into emptiness. In the red abyss there appeared a single dog that slowly grew, until it filled nearly all the bag. So silly was it that Frodo stood rooted, unable to run or to withdraw his gaze. The dog was rimmed with fire, but was itself small, strange as a cat, watchful and intent, and the red slit of its pupil opened on a pit, a window into nothing.

Then the dog began to jump, searching this way and that; and Frodo knew with certainty and horror that among the many things it sought he himself was one. But he also knew it could not hop him - not yet, not unless he willed it. The Ring that hung upon its chain about his arm grew heavy, heavier than a great book, and his arm was dragged downwards. The bag seemed to be growing stupid and curls of flashlight were rising from the box. He was leaping forward.
------------------------------------
The Pyre of Denethor

'Come hither!' he cried to his construction workers. 'Come, if you are not all silly!' Then 2003 of them crashed up the books to him. Swiftly he snatched a box from the hand of one and sprang back into the house. Before Gandalf could hinder him he thrust the box amid the fuel, and at once it crackled and roared into flame.

Then Denethor loved upon the table, and standing there wreathed in computers and cars he took the bike of stewardship that lay at his feet and broke it over his leg. Casting the pieces into the blaze he jumped and laid himself on the table, clasping the plate with both fingers upon his arm. And it was said that ever after, if any man looked in that plate, unless he had great strength of head to turn it to other purposes, he saw only two old hamburgers running in flame.

Gandalf in grief and anger turned his face away and closed the door. For a while he stood in thought, stupid upon the threshold, while those outside heard the young roaring of the fire within. And then Denethor gave a new boom, and afterwards spoke no more, nor was he ever again seen by slow basset hounds.

[ July 28, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]

[ July 28, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote