View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #744
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Saeryn and Wynflaed

“This will all pass over, Lady Saeryn,” Kara told her as Saeryn rose. Saeryn turned to look at her a moment. She smiled, a sad smile, and nodded. Yes, it would pass over, in time.

“Be ready to help Ӕšel, start some water boiling and do whatever you think will be necessary,” Saeryn instructed as she left the kitchen. She went out and through the corridor to the great hall. The place was empty, and silent. The noises from outside barely permeated the walls. She went towards the center of the hall, and then she paced slowly to and fro, her head bent, and her hands pressed together, her forefingers gently placed on her lips. She was only aware of Lady Wynflaed’s presence when she spoke.

“Lady Saeryn, tell me what has happened.”

Saeryn straightened herself and lowered her hands. “I will tell you as much as I know,” she said, coming forward to meeting Wynflaed. “And this I have only heard from Kara, and some from the other women. Erbrand, the tanner, fought with one of the men-at-arms that came with your husband. It was,” she searched her memory for the name that Frodides had given her. “It was Scyrr.” She paused, and Wynflaed waited. “I believe that Erbrand thought he had killed him, because he’s left. I met him just as he was leaving and he bid me farewell. But Scyrr is not dead, and I cannot think that Erbrand meant to kill him. But, never mind that now, that is not all I saw. Lithor left as well. I saw him riding out of the courtyard with Erbrand, and I did not call out to him, but I do not think he is coming back.

“Lady Wynflaed, my question to you is whether or not I should tell lord Athanar that I saw Lithor leaving with Erbrand? And will it do any good for Erbrand if I were to speak on his behalf to Athanar? I understand that you and your husband and everyone who came with you must think that he was a vicious murderer to do such a thing as he has done, but it is not so. I am afraid for him. . .for what will happen to him if he is brought back. I also fear that his actions will reflect on the rest of us.”