View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #730
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Lord Athanar witnessed his man going limp and fading from the here and now. He let the man down carefully not releasing the grip on his throat where the major wound was. He fought against the blood pouring freely from the cut but didn't make a number of it to his son. It was better he didn't understand the situation or need to face a dying man.

Lord Athanar pressed Scyrr's throat. The blood was slowly pouring out from between his fingers however he tried to keep them closed together. He was frustrated.

"Where's the nurse? We need her now. Nurse!"

"I'm here my lord..." Aedhel arrived just then and kneeled alongside Scyrr's body immediately noticing lord Athanar's bloody hand pressing on his throat.

"Yes, that bad..." Athanar answered to her glance before she opened her mouth. "Bandage... now."

Aedhel produced a linen and leaned forwards to Athanar. "On your mark my lord..."

Athanar gave room to the healer trying to get his arms off the way while maintaining the pressure on the wound with his hands. "Ready..."

Aedhel nodded and pressed the linen over lord Athanar's hands while letting him to carefully lift the head up. "Wait... easy, easy", she muttered while lord Athanar tried to both lift Scyrr's head and to ease his grip on the wound so that the bandage could be made. "Right... right..." Athanar whispered while trying to help with the folding of the linen. Slowly they managed to wrap the linen a few rounds and lord Athanar had almost slipped his hands from the wound. Only three fingers were now pressing it.

He turned to Aedhel. "Ready?". Aedhel nodded. Lord Athanar slipped his fingers from the cut and pressed on the bandage which Aedhel had tightened that second the pressure was lifted from it. They looked at each other and smiled in relief, even if there was no security of what would follow. But they had made it.

Lord Athanar rose up quite slowly leaving Aedhel to check the other wounds and to assess the condition of the patient. Suddenly he turned around and kicked a small rock in fury. The rock flew a good thirty feet hitting a tree.

I will have no more of this... no more...

But even in his anger he realised the other cause of his strong feelings... the war... the times he had witnessed the same thing... the times he had managed to help... and the times it had been futile... how many men had he seen dying from that close? He didn't remember.

"Coen! Where on earth are you?! Thornden!?"

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-29-2010 at 07:11 PM.